I had so much fun writing last year’s post around this time last year so I thought I’d share this year’s travel plans too. If you’ve been to any of the locations, or are planning trips of your own, please share your recs!
- March – We’re contemplating a quick snow trip before its too late in the season – thinking of meeting some friends in Park City, UT mid-March. TBD, but I hope we can swing it!
- April – The trip I’m MOST excited for this year is definitely when we head back to The Bahamas in mid-April. The Bahamas are so special to us for tons of reasons – I’ve been traveling there with my family for twenty+ years, it was the first vacation Luke came on with me and my family when we officially started dating, it’s where we got engaged, spent my birthday and it’s where we’ll be getting married next year! I can’t wait to head back to do a bit of wedding planning and a looooot of relaxing.
- May – We’ve been promising to take my mom to Santa Barbara for YEARS so this Mothers’ day (which always falls on or around her birthday) I think we’re finally going to pull the trigger! It’s one of our all-time favorite spots to travel to for a long weekend – see my past trip recaps here and here.
- June – SO excited for this… we’re headed to Europe! I haven’t been back in almost 5 years, which feels a little crazy. And I’m doubly excited as we’re doing something a little different this time, a rail trip through Scandinavia! We’ll be starting in Denmark, making our way through Olso and the fjords of Norway before ending the trip in Sweden. Then to top it off we’ll hit London on our way home to catch up with some friends and spend a few days in my very favorite city!
- July – Hopefully making time for a trip to NYC with girlfriends to scope out my wedding dress. (!!!)
- October – Can’t wait to celebrate Luke’s 35th birthday (he’s a Halloween baby) in JAPAN for the Rugby World Cup! I can’t imagine a better collision of Luke’s favorite things – rugby, travel, yakitori, lollll …the list goes on. And perhaps a quick couple of nights in Hong Kong before we head home as well – it’s been at the top of his bucket list for ages.
- No plans beyond the fall just yet, but since we spent the Holidays down under last year, I’m looking forward to nice quiet holidays at home this year.
And not that the year is leaving us much room for additional travel, hah, but here’s a short list of where I’d like to go this year if we get the chance!
- New England – Been dying to take a fall road trip through NE for years now, especially since we have dear friends in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island and I have family in Maine… Maybe this will be the year!
- Montana – Cough, cough @Luke. Montana is at the top of my list and as such, I’ve been promised a trip for quite a while now. I think it’s high time he paid up, don’t you?!
- Canada – I have only been once, to Victoria a loooong time ago, and there are so many parts of the country I’d still love to explore.
- Oaxaca – high, high on our list. Perhaps we can tack it on to a return trip to Mexico City! One of our favorites.
What about you, where are you traveling this year?!