I dug into this frothy concoction after returning home from a fun 4th of July weekend road trip and checking my overloaded mailbox. My monthly cocktail subscription kit from Speakeasy Co. had arrived and this ‘Golden Citrus’ was just what the doctor ordered after long hours in the car followed by the killjoy of unpacking all the dusty camping gear. Scroll down for the recipe!
This cocktail recipe, along with all the ingredients to mix up two drinks, came in my June Speakeasy Co. box. Read more about Speakeasy Co. (formerly Thirty3Club) and check out a fun instructional video on their website to watch how to make on this citrusy sensation.
- 1½ oz. Golden Bee (a honey sweetened grain neutral spirit from Ellensburg Distillery; substitute your favorite vodka)
- ¾ oz. Lime Juice
- ¾ oz. Pineapple Syrup
- Candied Citrus Peels to garnish
1. Using the jigger, measure the following and pour into the mixing glass:
– ¾ oz. lime juice
– ¾ oz. pineapple syrup
– 1 ½ oz. Golden Bee
2. Add ice to the mixing glass and place the shaker on top with a firm tap. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, allowing the mixture to go from one end of the shaker to the other.
3. Separate the mixing glass by applying a firm tap where the glass and shaker are no longer flush.
4. Add ice to your rocks glass and use the Hawthorne strainer to strain the contents of the mixing glass into the rocks glass.
5. Take the candied citrus peels and sprinkle a few on top of your cocktail. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy:
- A similar flavor profile… Pineapple Vodka Limeades
- Honey-sweetened Gin Punch
- Another Speakeasy Co. cocktail, the Blood of the Scorpion