Summer is so close I can taste it and the sunnier days have me craving light, refreshing cocktails with a good dose of tropical flair. My ideal concoction these days is anything reminiscent of a swim-up bar somewhere in the Caribbean and guys, I pretty much nailed this one. These Pineapple Vodka Limeades are the perfect poolside treat and can easily transform into mocktail territory (just hold the vodka), making them a great option for your Memorial Day BBQ, summer baby showers showers or any sun soaked, kid-friendly event. I’ll definitely be enjoying these all summer long.
Pineapple Vodka Limeade. Makes 1 cocktail.
- 2 oz. your favorite local vodka
- 2 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/5 oz. lime honey simple syrup*
- 1-2 dashes lime bitters
- splash of good quality tonic water
- lime wheel to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker combine vodka, pineapple juice, lime juice, lime honey simple syrup and bitters.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a collins glass over fresh ice and top with a splash of your favorite tonic water.
*Lime Honey Simple Syrup: Combine 1/4 cup each water and raw local honey in a small sauce pot. Simmer over medium low heat until honey is fully dissolved. Add 2 spent lime halves or the zest of one lime off the heat, transfer to a jar and let cool to room temperature, 30 minutes. Strain into a clean jar and keep in fridge for up to one month.
Extras: For even more tropical flavor, try a spirit infusion! Combine 4-5 large chunks of fresh pineapple and two cups vodka (or rum or tequila!) in a mason jar and store in a cool dry place for a week or more, agitating the jar a couple of times per day. Strain out pineapple when ready to use. Store any leftovers in the fridge.