Hands up if you’ve been in one of these three scenarios…
- You’re in the thick of an epic house party and all of a sudden, you realize the hosts’ve run out of booze. You shuffle through the fridge looking for any straggling cans of beer, pilfer through someone you don’t know’s room looking for a lazy half-drank bottle of vodka, aaand you come up short.
- You’re semi-bored, home on a Friday night, possibly with roomates. No one necessarily wants to go out but that doesn’t mean no one wants a tasty adult beverage to go along with that take-out, side of Netflix. But wait, you’re already in your yoga pants and embarrassing middle school theatre camp t-shirt and you’re out. of. draaanks.
- You show up to a get together thing that you did. not. know was BYO and feel more than slightly awkward asking that guy you think you know from class if you can have a splash or five from his bottle of Captain.
All of these scenarios are painfully annoying and – thank Bacchus! – remedied by the same thing… Alcohol Delivery Services! To save you and your fellow imbibers, should any of these aforementioned sticky situations creep up on you again, I’ve crafted the definitive guide to Alcohol Delivery Services across the country! You’re Welcome.
1. Ezra’s | Although not app-based like most of the other services on this list, Ezra’s is up first because their mission holds a special place in my heart. As a distiller myself, I appreciate a company who’s main goal is to increase the information channels between distiller and end-consumer. This provides a huge leg-up for small craft distillers who may be struggling due to our three-tier dominated industry. In addition to their focus on craft spirits, I love that their emails update you in real time when high-demand products come back in stock. And they ship country-wide! While not technically an on-demand delivery service, I highly recommend using Ezra’s if you’re planning a dinner or cocktail party at your place and want to impress with some lesser-known boutique spirits.
Get 5% off your Ezra’s order with code distillerista. But be quick about it – code limited to the first 30 readers!
2. Drizly | Drizly is one of the fastest growing on-demand alcohol delivery services. They work with the top liquor retailers in each state to provide consumers the best selection and price on their favorite beer, wine and liquor with delivery in less than an hour (and on average closer to 20-40 minutes!). They service 16 major metropolitan cities. Click here to see if yours is on the list.
The first 50 California readers (Drizly currently delivers in L.A. and Orange County only) get delivery fees waived on their first order with code DISTILLERISTA Offer Ends August 31st, 2015
3. Saucey | Saucey is an app, available for download on iOS or Android, that delivers beer, wine, and/or spirits to your door in less than an hour. Currently servicing the west coast in San Fransisco, L.A. and San Diego, Saucey is also planning expansions to Chicago and Dallas very soon. It’s easy as (1) Open the app, drop a pin and choose from a menu of beer, wine, spirits, cocktails and snacks (2) A Saucey driver will be on their way and get to you in about 20 minutes (3) Take delivery and enjoy anywhere, even the beach(!!!)
Get $5 off any Saucey order with code DISTILL
4. Minibar | Minibar, another app, provides on-demand delivery of wine, spirits, beer & mixers. Minibar gives users a better way to shop by connecting them with local liquor stores to offer the best selection of products. What sets Minibar apart for me is that they also provide tasting notes, pairing recommendations, cocktail recipes, an option to send gifts for special occasions, AND they feature a “Party Planning Tool” which allows users to quickly determine how much of each spirit is needed for the perfect party. Super useful and convenient! Currently servicing 19 major metropolitan cities. Scroll down to the bottom of their home page to see if yours is included.
Get $10 off your first Minibar order with code DISTILLERISTA
5. Thirstie | Thirstie is a leading national on-demand wine, beer and spirits delivery service that delivers in under an hour and provides curated cocktail recipes. It is redefining the way consumers shop and discover the best wine, beer or cocktail with its innovative editorial platform, The Craft. The Craft redefines the way consumers shop and discover the best wine, beers or cocktails and elevates the overall consumer experience by getting people “Thirstie” through curated and original content engagement.
Use code DISTILL10 for $10 off your order. Expires August 31.
6. DrinkFly | DrinkFly was started by two brothers in a suburb of Chicago. They’ve now grown into seven cities and continue to add more as they expand. Drink Fly’s unique selling point is that you have the option to select the specific liquor store from which you buy. This let’s you get your hands on some booze, quickly, AND support local business. Win-win!
Get $5 off your first DrinkFly order with code distill5
7. Klink | Klink is a liquor-store-to-your-door service on steroids. They strive to take the experience one step further by adding a little something extra. Whether they’re delivering liquor-infused cupcakes, sending mixologists along with larger orders to help serve drinks or partnering with a hand-crafted mixer to turn customers’ spirits orders into artisanal cocktails, they’re constantly going above and beyond.
Free delivery on two Klink orders with code distillerista
Recap: After downloading each app, playing around with them a bit and emailing with the various apps’ media teams, I can genuinely say I’d happily use any of the above services. As I live in Southern California, not all of them cater to me so I couldn’t actually try every service for myself. I’d advise clicking through their websites, making note of which apps deliver in your city and going from there. Enjoy the discount codes and let me know your experience. Personally, I can’t wait to try out the Saucey app on my next beach day! Whooop whoooop!